Sweet Sweet Melodie

I'm sitting in my living room - sipping the last wee bit of the Montagne Saint-Emilion - watching my two year old learn to scissor.

Scissoring is it's the most marvelous thing when you are 2 or 3.

With the coloringbook picture in one hand, and red-handled safety scissors in the other, she purposefully *snip-snip-snips* her way all around the paper's edge. When she's done with her scissoring and coloring, we'll hang it on the fridge.

My seven year old, meanwhile, is practicing for his baseball game in the back yard. He's positioned himself right in my line of view and every few hits he waves and yells out 'how was that one?'

"Great job!"

I think my eleven is cleaning his room, I'll check in a moment and see how its going.

Three happy kids and three happy cats - how wonderful! I know it won't last as our days are peppered with the occasional kid melt down, but this particular moment is one of life's sweeter melodies.

~Grace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Rambles

Gurdjieff's 82 Rules for Life

Advent and Felt