Be Here Now

It's interesting how much of 'me' comes from 'me' and how much comes from something else. I'm not making the confession that I lack a spine inasmuch as I confess that I am, like anybody else, a creation of the place and time in which I live.

Consider: political systems, ideas about education, concepts of right and wrong; these are all dictated by where I live and when I live. Even how we live our religion out is dictated by here and now (which makes me thankful I was not born 'there' or 'then.')

Here is my question: can we transcend this? Can one really become more than just a collection of the opinions/beliefs of others? Or are we nothing more than a creation of the place in time in which we live?

The world may never know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Rambles

Gurdjieff's 82 Rules for Life

Advent and Felt